Building connections and support rooted in lived experience
Eventually there will be committees, training, volunteer opportunities, and projects.
Please visit Our Future page for more information.
Access Needs- are required supports, adaptive equipment, assistive devices, and arrangements to provide equitable opportunities. We do not use the term accommodations as accommodations are usually not individualized or considered proactively.
Currently we offer consulting that respects self-advocacy, autonomy, and personalized goals. We work with access needs to empower and provide accessible services.
- Understanding how accessibility rights and laws apply to you
- Assessing accessibility needs for workplace and school
- How to identify and implement access needs
- How to request access needs
- Learn the language of self-advocacy
- Matching learning styles and strategies
- Training and best practices for assistive technology (Dragon Naturally Speaking, Inspiration, NVDA, and other apps)
- Disability related absences
- Post-secondary petitions
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) paperwork and process only
- Resume and cover letter support or revising
- Job interview support
- Disability disclosure coaching